- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Computer Science
- Information Systems Management
- Web development/e-commerce applications
- Product design/project management
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I am a hard worker who strives to learn new things and I have strong knowledge that integrates the technical side and the product business side, allowing me to contribute to product design sprints or similar activities. I have very good knowledge of e-commerce and an awareness of the market need in both B2B and B2C sectors. I have good experience in managing scrum teams and I am a backend software engineer who always gets a dopamine rush when contribute to project delivery.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- How to manage teams effectively, build growth plans, and evaluate their performance
- How to stay current on the latest technology standards and make the best choices for the company's projects
- How to manage projects/products effectively
- Attend company-wide meetings and/or team meetings
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
I'd like to mentor at a medium to enterprise-sized tech/software development company that works on digital transformation or tech-based product development with a culture that is diverse, inclusive, collaborative, modern and youthful.
- Certified Laravel developer
Additional Technical Skills
GraphQL, GIT, Laravel, and Wordpress
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- takes ownership
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My goal is to hold a VP of Engineering role in a company that has a very challenging and competitive team, where I am responsible for designing the team's processes and contributing to the team's and the company's growth. The TechWomen program will impact my goal by providing me the chance to see and build knowledge in how top companies in Silicon Valley work and deal with scalable challenges.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will be an ambassador to the women in Egypt, showing them how women can succeed in leadership and serving as an example rarely found in the tech field in Egypt. I will utilize the gained knowledge to enhance my team's processes and projects management strategies. I will work on designing a program that targets girls at schools to educate them more about women's role in both tech and leadership and about the change they can bring to the world as I believe the current gender imbalance in the industry needs to be treated early on.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Overseeing the delivery of technology products
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: E-commerce Business Unit Lead, Robusta Studios
- Direct Reports: 10+
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: December 31, 2018 –
Mentor, and grow a high-functioning, diverse engineering team from all levels; Engage with different stakeholders to define a long term technical and product roadmap and OKRs; Drive the continuous improvement of agile engineering practices; Bring the support needed for the team to deliver key features; Enable team to support the growth of the company by pushing the development of internal projects; Nurture a healthy team culture while fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment; Invest time in hiring, onboarding, enabling, and evaluating performance of the engineering team; Drive technology innovation by staying up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Title and Company: Backend Engineer, Robusta Studios
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: June 1, 2016 – December 31, 2018
Write clean, maintainable code; Contribute to Project Architecture meetings and decisions with internal team and clients; Mentor and train juniors and Interns; Conduct technical interviews for team recruitment; building and supervise the Wordpress tea; Document and building Wordpress team workflow process from different aspects (recruitment, business development, account management and technical development); Initiate role as product owner and developer for Wordpress automation solution to cut off development time by 50%; Develop and ship robust websites and web applications; Act as team conductor for Kanban teams and as scrum master for scrum teams
- Institution: The German University in Cairo
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Media Engineering and Technology
- Minor: Digital Media Engineering
- Location: Egypt
- Completion Date: June 1, 2016