Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Civil
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Pavement engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Transportation engineering
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Quality assurance and quality control in road construction projects
- Slope stability investigation and repair
- Road pavement design
Ideal Company Type
I want to be hosted by a road- and bridge-related industry. The company can be public or private, internationally recognized and focused on promoting quality in the construction industry.
- Certified Engineer at Institute of Engineers Rwanda
- Training on Master Class on Roads Pavements
- Management and Economics in Developing Countries
- Internationally Certified Advanced Senior Project Manager Training
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The TechWomen mentorship has a lot to contribute to my career and professional path. It will be a great opportunity to interact with esteemed, reputable and successful women engineers, and I will learn from their experiences. This will increase my confidence, as well as bring innovations to my duties and responsibilities. The mentorship will be a good opportunity to learn various ways of overcoming challenges and solving problems.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I have a lot to contribute to my host company based on my experience. This will be a great opportunity to work together in building solutions and accomplishing transport projects. I can also become a good ambassador of the host company in my home country, as well as in the region of East Africa.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Upon completion of the mentorship, my vision is to contribute to building sustainable infrastructure in my country. I will incorporate the engineering skills acquired from the program and look forward to leading high-quality infrastructure projects. I will also share my experience with fellow engineers at my workplace and my networks, including young girls from the Girls Leaders Forum. Additionally, as a registered engineer at the Institute of Engineers Rwanda, I will organize workshops to inspire other emerging leaders.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Design or CAD
- QA and testing
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Quality Assurance Senior Engineer, Rwanda Transport Development Agency
- Direct Reports: 2
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Dates: February 10, 2015 –
Provide overall leadership of research and innovation management of national and field laboratories, ensuring compliance of quality control plans, materials, test procedures, specifications and work methodologies; Monitor progress of objectives that affect the quality and compliance to standards of laboratory services provided; Monitor the laboratory and research program's success; Consult with and advise government officials and staff, civic bodies and other agencies on legislation, policy and research and laboratory testing issues; Lead and conduct field investigations to assess the quality of works and structural integrity of road pavements and other structures; Prepare regular quality assurance/quality control reports on all construction activities.
- Title and Company: Design Engineer, Bravo Engineering Consulting Ltd
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Dates: December 3, 2015 – May 6, 2016
Performed all geometric design work (Part 1 and 2) for the Nyamiyonga-Kagitumba Road (11.2km).
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Umutara Polytechnic
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Building and Construction Technology
- Location: Nyagatare, Rwanda
- Completion Date: September 1, 2013