- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Computer Science
- Engineering, Electrical
- IoT and AI for smart home automation, building management systems
- Cyber security for security systems (CCTV & access control)
- Technical writing content
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
As a sales manager in the safety and security industry, I see myself as an independent, self-motivated engineer with proven and tested skills in management, pre-sales, sales, business devolvement, and marketing. I have completed several projects in the MENA region, worked with diverse teams, and learned to solve problems on site and in the market. Having mostly worked with Chinese manufacturers, I am very familiar with their strategies and products. I believe telling my story, using my practical skills and knowledge, and leaning on my eight years of experience as a female Engineer in the market makes me a valuable resource.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- How tech giants in Silicon Valley innovate, design, regulate, and implement the latest AI solutions based on a data-driven approach.
- How to enhance my technical writing for articles regarding ELV systems
- How to improve my entrepreneurship and leadership skills and equip myself to present my opinions and decisions as a woman in a male-dominated industry
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Have exposure to basic industry techniques
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
A company that is specialized in safety and security systems, cyber security and AI or a manufacturer that designs and sells solutions and systems to enterprises, using AI technology in microchips, cars, surveillance systems, access control and building management software. A leading company in AI analysis, and building AI systems and machines, creating patents and applying the latest technologies into commercial products available in markets. A professional company in technical writing that can help me increase my technical writing and leadership skills, and has a unique and supportive culture for women in leading roles.
- Leaders in innovation fellowship program - Royal Academy of Engineering
- Hikvision Certified Security Associate (HCSA) and Professional (HCSP)
- Pre-Sales CCTV Design Specialist - Hanwha techwin middle east and africa
- MAXPRO Cloud - Honeywell
- Video foundation course - Hanwha techwin middle east and north africa
Additional Technical Skills
I have developed skills for designing CCTV systems, access control systems, intrusion and sound systems. I can also perform video storage calculations for CCTV system and handle product procurement. I have full knowledge and understanding of most AI functions existed surveillance systems (line crossing, face detection and recognition, people counting, animal detection and vehicle detection) I also can write clear business plans, perform market research, and develop financial plans for distribution departments and startup businesses.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My mentors can help me develop my leadership skills. I can benefit from their knowledge and skills, while gaining valuable advice from a more experienced person. The right mentor can help me build my professional network, increase my communications skills, learn new ways of thinking and brainstorming, and learn new perspectives. I can learn to decide on the best courses of action in difficult situations and learn shortcuts that help me work more effectively and avoid "reinventing the wheel." My mentorship will have a huge impact on accelerating my self-development, career progression and overall confidence.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I believe the knowledge I will gain from the program will help me to achieve one of my future plans which is to start a volunteer capacity building program to help young women be creative and innovative, while also encouraging them to go into math and science majors by minimizing their fears and demonstrating how much fun they can have. I'd also like to guide and transfer my knowledge to early-stage entrepreneurs needing support in how to grown and develop their products or services.
Years of Full-time Work Experience8
Primary Professional Focus
- Electronics or telecommunications
- Technical product manager
- Technical sales
- Title and Company: Distribution sales Manager, Adapt Tech
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Dates: April 1, 2021 – March 14, 2022
Manage and lead team of presales; Manage and lead team of channels (showrooms, resellers, DPP); Manage and lead team of sales (system integrators & SMB); Manage and lead teams of maintenance and inventory with daily reports and tasks; Create more industry verticals and leads, add & develop more ELV brands; Meet and improve vendors (manufactures) requirements, targets, polices, logistics and visions; Develop business by expanding to more ELV solutions
- Title and Company: Business Development Engineer, Magic Technology
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Dates: December 1, 2019 – April 1, 2021
Design, market and sell ELV solutions (Hikvision CCTV, DSPPA sound system); provide pre-sales, site surveys, sales proposals, after sales services and technical support; developing strong relationships with key technology system integrators, dealers, resellers and DPP clients; coordinate with Hikvision regional office for targets, polices, roadmaps, events, trade shows and training
- Institution: Mu’tah University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Telecommunication Engineering
- Minor: Electrical, Electronic, and Telecom Engineering
- Location: Jordan
- Completion Date: June 1, 2013