- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Engineering and Science, Materials and Industrial
- Data Science, Natural Language Processor (DS, NLP) applied in client-oriented companies
- Big Data architecture construction and management
- Optimization of industrial processes
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I want to devote myself 120%. If there are projects that can be implemented in 4 weeks, I will try my best to complete them and make my small contribution to the development of the company. Moreover, currently I work for the biggest company in my country, with more than 105,000 employees. It is an unplowed field in terms of automation, digitalization and data management and the company is more than open to cooperation with leading companies for effective development in the IT field.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Acquire hands-on experience in how to create and deploy large-scale machine learning models.
- Learn methods on how to develop a step-by-step approach to a data-driven company, given many systems (~100) of data, and creating a data warehouse/data lake from scratch; Understand database management, as well as data protection and data virtualization.
- Learn how data analytics/ data science/ optimization methods can benefit an industrial (preferably railways) company.
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Focus on technical skills building
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
- Gets me involved in day-to-day activities of the mentor and partnering company.
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company has a technology ecosystem with multiple data sources (on-premise+cloud), that knows how to manage big data and benefits from the use of smart data analytics in real cases. Ideally, I would like to meet experts who are experienced in building a model for automatic train generation and efficient freight train logistics. The main value of the company is to make life a better place with creative, open-minded and diverse culture.
- Introduction to Git, DataCamp
- Intermediate Importing Data in Python, DataCamp
- Python Mega Course: build 10 real-world applications, Udemy
- 96-hour Practical Machine Learning course, Big Data Team
- Upskill program: C and Data science, Qwant
- Structuring Machine Learning Projects, Coursera
- Neural Network and Deep Learning, Coursera
Additional Technical Skills
Python, Power BI, DAX
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
At the moment the company where I work is planning significant changes in its approaches to achieving its goals and focusing on data. A separate, Chief Data Officer-led department for architecture, integration and data analytics is being created. The company where I will be interning has undoubtedly gone through all these stages and the opportunity to gain experience in data management and enterprise solutions will give me valuable insights that cannot be taken from a textbook. I also want to gain more expertise in AI solutions and their implementations on corporations.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I am looking forward to building strong connections with my Professional Mentor and my peers from different countries. I am sure that I will meet many like-minded people with whom we can create new projects in the future. I hope to meet specialists in Big Data to learn more about Big Data strategy, Chief Data Officer (CDO) functions and how to transform smoothly and quickly into a data-driven company. Upon arrival in my country, I want to apply all the acquired knowledge in my work and implement the best practices adopted from the TechWomen program.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3.5
Primary Professional Focus
- IT systems and/or data analysis
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Big Data analyst (Senior Manager), JSC NC Kazakhstan Temir Zholy
- Direct Reports: 5
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Nur-sultan, Kazakhstan
- Dates: January 5, 2022 –
Determine priority of business needs, analyze business processes, build hypotheses, find data from various systems and tables, gather data, conduct data preprocessing, data modelling, and data integration, develop calculation methods, build dashboards, report to CEO, CEO-1; prepare departmental goals for the year, draw up a roadmap, defend goals in front of management, distribute tasks among team members, help solve problems; hold meetings with vendors to pilot tools for BI, DWH and ETL, determine cases for pilots, conduct comparative analysis on licensing, prices and technical specifications; develop Big Data strategy, build a vision for corporate dwh
- Title and Company: Mathematics Teacher, Galaxy School
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Dates: December 9, 2016 – October 8, 2017
Prepare 8th and 9th grades for IGCSE examination; prepare 10th grades for SAT examination
- Institution: Nazarbayev University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Mathematics
- Location: Kazakhstan
- Completion Date: June 1, 2016