- Green Tech/Clean Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Engineering, Energy Resources
- Renewable Energy
- Solar PV Systems
- Waste water treatment
- Energy auditing and green building
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Build long-term, meaningful relationships with potential employers and business partners, as well as influencers in my field
- Learn how to manage my own business and how to make a sustainable internal system
- Discover new business opportunites and gain exposure to new methods to help me develop materials for my trainings
Ideal Company Type
I want to be a part of a company that has a friendly culture and strong knowledge and experience in environmental, contracting or renewable energy field. My ideal company will have teams comprising different cultures and backgrounds and working under the umbrella of human centered design concept.
Additional Technical Skills
Supply chain management; PVsyst, Primavera, ISO9001, CMA, PMP, TOT; certified trainings in LED lighting design and programming; power factor correction and harmonics filters design; energy saving using variable speed drive and high efficiency motors; proposal writing and marketing strategy; telemetry and remote management from international companies.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Connecting with people from different cultures, backgrounds and languages will sharpen my goals and give me new tips and tactics, solutions and ideas to improve my plans. Learning from a new space and gaining global work experience will help me discover new business opportunities and open my eyes about new methods to develop my training. In order to be a consultant one day, I need very strong experiences and a robust professional network and I believe that the innovative approach for emerging female leaders by TechWomen will allow me to engage in topics that I have not personally researched and will make me feel more integrated into my global professional community.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My strategic thinking, individualization, relator, ideation and leadership skills or, as I like to call them, my talents. I will also bring a fresh perspective to my host company, and if given the opportunity I will present solutions to challenges and issues and give my ideas to improve and develop the work.
On the other hand I BELIEVE that every one has a value and we have to share it to make a change.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After attending the TechWomen program, I will develop a new training course that includes a competitive element related to clean energy innovation. The competition will aim to foster ideas to solve our energy problems. The courses, designed for universities and schools, will be executed in partnerships with the Arab Innovation Network, Instructit and NGOs. I will also record a series of videos as an awareness campaign in clean energy and will review my startup plan on personal and professional level and bring it to the next level.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Individual contributor leading innovation
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Energy and Business Development Engineer, Al-Thaher Engineering & Contracting Co. (AEC Co.)
- Direct Reports: 5
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Dates: September 1, 2017 –
Analyze existing and potential markets to identify and secure business development opportunities; prepare effective proposals, presentations, demonstrations and sales tools for management business development opportunities; develop good customer relationships through personal visits, phone calls, follow-up and e-mails; work with internal teams to achieve targeted business goals; conduct competitive product analysis and market research to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business; supervise research and market studies to search for different methods of developing offered services and products submitted and provided by the company; attend conferences and seminars that are related to the company's business and services.
- Title and Company: Energy and Business Development Engineer, C3E Co.
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Dates: June 1, 2012 – August 1, 2017
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: University of Jordan
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineering
- Minor: Industrial Engineering
- Location: Amman, Engineering
- Completion Date: January 1, 2012